Friday, May 6, 2011

Dreaming

God. A big big God. Can’t fully get my head around it, can’t really grasp it. But I like it.


Our Father is BIG. He is bigger than big. He is a huge God that does BIG things. So why do we ask and expect for the little things? As if he is limited? As if He is bound. I am not bound by my major. I am not bound by my appearance or the things that I have. I am not bound by my body and I am not bound by my thoughts. I am not bound by my emotions and I am not bound by my struggles. Most of all, I am not bound by my abilities. I am bound by nothing because of my God. He has no bounds.


I’ve been thinking lately about dreams. It’s always been a big thing that rides my heart but it’s been strong lately. I have dreams. Wild dreams that most people seem to tell me are impossible. I’m here to tell you that your dreams are possible. They are. Sit in the Word and the presence of Jesus and you’ll see. He will tell you the same.


What are your dreams? What are the things that you would do to further the kingdom and to tell people and show people God’s love if you could? What if time, age, money, education, and peoples opinions didn’t exist? What would you do?


What are the crazy wild things that God has put in your heart? I mean, the dreams of dreams. I know that they seem so big and nearly impossible but the greatest reality is that they’re not. God gives us dreams and He gives us passions that are massive. The wild depths of your heart are most likely the things that you were created for.


Abandon what the world tells you that you should do and do what your heart tells you to do. Do what God tells you to do. Gosh, and you will be so joyful. The joy of the Lord will be with you and it doesn’t get much better than that.


If you ever take anything from the things that I write, know this: Where we end, God begins. He takes us the rest of the way. It doesn’t rest upon your ability.


Dream your dreams. Don’t be afraid. Go for it and don’t let the fear of failure stop you. Be reckless.


Take that step and be liberated. Run.


I know I am.


One more thing. Expect big things because they’re comin your way.



No comments:

Post a Comment