Sunday, May 15, 2011

Evidence

Do you ever look around attempting to see God? It can be anywhere. Any place that you love and anything you consider to be beautiful. If you are like me then that place would be nature. That is where I personally more often than not stop and think, “Wow, God is a creative God”. When I am outside I feel Him around me and I can spend time with Him. I love to be outside. To read outside, to sit outside, to pray outside. Because that is where I find Him, where I see Him.

When I think of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen I almost instantly think of things like: Mountains, oceans, trees, and flowers. I think of the big mountains that I saw in India and the beautiful forest that I walked through daily in Australia. I think of the wildflowers that come every year and the water of Frasier Island. I think of the muddy waters of Chocolate Bayou and my mother’s flowers.

I bet that you can think of things that stir your heart too.

I stand in amazement of God’s creation all the time and wonder how anything could be so marvelous. I am inspired by the hugeness of this earth that we walk upon. I wonder all the time how creative and how beautiful of a mind our God has to have when I’m taking into consideration the variety of flowers and plants that He has crafted. The texture, the colors, the height, the thorns, the uses and the aromas that tickle our noses.

God looks at us and says that you and I are His greatest handiwork. He says that we are more beautiful. The things that blow my mind are behind you and I in his book of beauty. They are less than us.

The Word tells us that: “Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven”-1 Corinthians 15:49

Here’s the wild truth that pulls my heart strings: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” –Genesis 1:27

We bear the image of Jesus! You were made in His likeness. Can you believe it?! The Lord of Lords declares that we are the most beautiful of all of his creations. After Genesis 1 verse 27 it goes on to say that after God saw what He had created He called it very good. Not just “good” but “very good”.

If you’re looking for God today you don’t have to look far. Look at your neighbor who is made in the image of our Savior and just take it in. Look in the mirror and feel the butterflies.

His fingerprints are all over us.

We are the evidence.



No comments:

Post a Comment