Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gypsies & Love

I’d like to introduce ya’ll to some people that are very special to me. They’re loud, they’re fun, they’re too sweet to believe, and they taught me a lot about what love is and what it looks like. Since they’re so special to me and close to my heart I’ve decided that I must quit being selfish and share them with you guys.


This is my family.
Aren't they beautiful?!















These near and dear people are known as the gypsies in India, but to me they're my brothers and sisters. They are treated in ways that are unmentionable and cast out by the rest of society. Forced to live off of the earth and on the margins of civilization, they ban together and take care of each other. They live among each other and become a family of their own. Recently they have been attacked by local villagers. They've been beaten, raped, and chased away from their homes and belongings. Having nothing after the incident, the children have resorted to eating out of the trash cans around town and have been continually beat because of such behavior. They we're starving. Someone lost their eye in the chaos and a few have never been seen or heard from again.

Praises to God, my good friend Pastor Caleb Vincent and his pastor friends have taken the children in to their homes. They are feeding them, sheltering them, and teaching them all on their own budget. Every day is a constant struggle with wondering how they'll make it through the next, but God has provided and is faithful with each passing day.

"And the King will reply, "Truly truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me." -Matthew 25:40

Jesus said, "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Brothers and Sisters, I'm asking you to please consider helping out a little. Whatever you bring, no matter how big or how small, is more than enough. These kids and families will be more than thankful and will never forget what you've done for them.

If you would like to send money for food, clothes, water, shelter, shoes, toothbrushes, etc, email me at alissonalexander@yahoo.com and I will be more than thrilled to speak with you about how to go about doing so. If you'd like to send the actual items themselves in a package I'd love to speak with you also.

If you have questions about gypsies in India, what they're like, who they are, why they are who they are, how they're treated, etc, feel free to email me as well. I'd love to tell you about them!

Thanks for your time! You are more than great!

Blessings,

Alisson Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment