Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Loving the World Back To Life

In this world there is so much hurt. There is slavery. There is poverty. There is prostitution. There is sorrow to the point of death. Child labor exists. There is death from hunger. There are babies without mamas. Innocents are abused. The thirsty and hungry survive off of alcohol and drugs. Children are trafficked. Widows go homeless. Loneliness resonates in the largest of cities. Emptiness lingers in the unsuspecting. And so much more.

This is a fallen world that we live in. Full of sorrow and lacking hope. Full of hate and lacking love. Full of death and lacking life.

Sometimes I find myself asking God why things so awful even exist. Sometimes I wonder how the world even got this way. As I lay awake, restless at these thoughts, I dare to wonder-“God, why don’t you do something?” His gentle reply is, “I did, I made you”.

We, who have so much influence and resources at our fingertips stand by and allow the world to spin out of control. We allow another beautiful creation to slap another in the face. We allow the widows to go homeless. We allow injustice to thrive. We are greedy with our cash. We are greedy with our attention. We are even greedy with our time.

I want to dedicate my life to being an ambassador of love. If God is love then I desire to be in the front line of the battle passing out my heart. Front and center.

Call me crazy but I am sold out for God. I want the least of these to know what I know. To know the hope that I have found in Christ. I can’t do much, but I can go.

I’m going to dance with lepers and run with orphans. I’m going to recklessly abandon this world and all that it has to offer in exchange for the calling upon my life to love, and all that it has to offer. I am going to make the choice to love so much that I feel exhausted.

We are children of God. We are the Body. His body. We are His hands and feet. We are it. We are His great plan.

This is my great aim in life.

To love like Jesus loves me.

This is what burns inside of me. This is what I yearn for.

I know this may not seem like much to you. I know that this may sound wild. I know that I may sound off the rocker to you, I understand.

All I know is that I am called to go, wherever that may be. I’ve got no plans; I’ve got no “to-do list”.

The agenda for my life is love. And I’ll never stop trying.

REVIVE THE WORLD WITH LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment